end of support information
End of support information
Extend Exadata Support with Natrinsic
Natrinsic provides an extended support solution for Exadata appliances with SLAs for hardware and remote responses you can depend on.
Exadata appliances achieve their impressive performance and reliability in part due to their highly interdependent configuration of hardware, operating system and software. This complexity requires a team of experienced engineers to properly maintain and repair them properly.
The Natrinsic Exadata support team is experienced in providing a break-fix service that covers:
- All storage, server, and networking hardware
- Linux OS/Exadata software/Database software
Understanding Oracle's End of support policy
Natrinsic's experts can help you to determine when support ends for your Oracle Engineered System. Oracle publishes all of the information required to confirm the end of support date for your system. Some of these documents are available to the general public, while others are located on the My Oracle Support portal, which will require you to have access.
It boils down to this:
- Once your system reaches five (5) years past the "last ship date," Oracle no-longer stands by their response SLAs OR their hardware availability.
- "After five years from last ship date, replacement parts may not be available and/or the response times for sending replacement parts may be delayed." * (Source Link - page 12,18,19,21,23)
- Natrinsic refers to this as the "effective end-of-support date" in the table below.
- Oracle WILL still sell you a support service for your engineered system after it reaches five (5) years past its last ship date, it just won't guarantee hardware, or when/if a field engineer will arrive to fix your system.
How to check your appliance last ship date:
- You can access My Oracle Support and read this document titled: "List of Supported Oracle Hardware (With Last Ship Dates Announced)"(MOS doc ID: 1450710.1)
- You can also view this public-facing Oracle document called "Oracle Exadata - A guide for decision makers" and see the table of last ship dates on page 10.
- There are other vendors who are sharing some of this information online. It is always best to verify the correct information via My Oracle Support.
Oracle Exadata End-Of-Life: By appliance generation
|Exadata appliance generation||Last Ship Date (LSD)||Effective end-of-support (EOS) date||Additional References|
|Exadata Database Machine V1||October, 2009||October, 2014||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine V2||October, 2010||October, 2015||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X2-2||September, 2012||September, 2017||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X2-8||November, 2012||November, 2017||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X3-2||February, 2014||February, 2019||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X3-8||December, 2014||December, 2019||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X4-2||March, 2015||March, 2020||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X4-8||October, 2015||October, 2020||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X5-2||July, 2016||July, 2021||(1,2,3)|
|Exadata Database Machine X5-8||March, 2016||March, 2021||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X6-2||November, 2017||November, 2022||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X6-8||November, 2017||November, 2022||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X7-2||June, 2019||June, 2024||(1)|
|Exadata Database Machine X7-8||June, 2019||June, 2024||(1)|
Oracle SuperCluster End-Of-Life: By appliance generation
|SuperCluster appliance generation||Last Ship Date (LSD)||Effective end-of-support (EOS) date|
|SPARC SuperCluster T4-4||September, 2013||September, 2018|
|SuperCluster T5-8||August, 2016||August, 2021|
|SuperCluster M6-32||December, 2016||December, 2021|
|SuperCluster M7-8||December, 2017||December, 2022|
|SuperCluster M8||June, 2019||June, 2024|
Request for proposal
Exadata Managed Service
Looking to build a business case?
So you have read our material, browsed a sample health-check report, and downloaded our service datasheet, and now all that’s missing is some pricing?
Fear not, we would be happy to provide you with a fast-quote! Please fill in the form at the link below, and a member of the Natrinsic team will be in touch in no time.